Monday, March 17, 2014

Diverse American Women--Why I Decided To Blog

I am dedicating this blog to little-known and often forgotten American women who have contributed in some way to improving American society.  I have found in doing my own doctoral research that so many women have accomplished amazing feats, but have not been prominently featured in most historical texts.  I have also found that a lot of times when we talk and write about American "women" we think of this group as monolithic, failing to account for the diverse ways in which women experience "womanhood."

This Blog intends to feature a wide range of American women from different backgrounds.  These women may have some things in common, such as their race or religion, but may differ in others, such as their industry of work or where they reside.

Sometimes this Blog will feature clips of historical newspaper articles, magazines or books that raise interesting questions about what it means to be a woman. 

I hope that you find this Blog insightful!  I appreciate any feedback you may have on women to feature, or general thoughts on the content.

---Tauk

No comments:

Post a Comment